Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First 5 days!

I guess it might be time to update our loyal followers so you don't think we have fallen off the face of the earth!  It has been a busy week.  Ana jumped right into our family life without a blink!  We have been busy with our usual activities plus dr visits, school visits, hair cut, and a couple of shopping trips with finally today's trip being a success!

The only real issue we have had is clothing.  Ana likes tight, 2 or more sizes too small and Jim and I say no.  This has led to a few "battles" over google translate.  Last night was the most intense but the most effective.  Today we went to the mall after the drs and bought a couple of things that are both mom and Ana approved!  Last night's session on the computer ended with - you have to say yes to some clothes or go naked!  She decided to say yes!

Our plan was to keep Ana home this week and start school next week.  However, she had different plans.  By last Friday she was saying - Mom, school?  I want school!  So, we decided if she is feeling like she wants to go - she should go.  Tomorrow is the big day and she is beyond excited!  She will shadow Mary Beth tomorrow and start her own schedule on Thursday.  She has her bag packed and an outfit that is parent approved!

It is amazing to me how brave she has been.  I know how all of us felt while we were in Ukraine.  We didn't speak the language, we thought the things they did were strange and we were uncomfortable most of the time.  She is so excited about jumping right in and trying everything.  She has made some connections with our friends and with Mary Beth's friends.  She can't wait for school, dance class and to play basketball!  I would be scared to death.  She can hardly contain her excitement.  Mary Beth has also been great with showing Ana what to do, looking through the yearbook to point out friends and teachers and just being a great sister.  I know in time that Ana will become more independent and have her own set of friends and interests  but right now I am enjoying seeing the girls forming a close relationship.  I can't imagine my life withour my sister - I consider her one of my best friends and we talk almost every day.  I am so happy that our girls will have the opportunity to enjoy being sisters!

Seeing Ana's smile, enjoying her hugs and hearing the excitment in her voice when she talks about everything she wants to do and be here in America has made the past week unforgetable!  Can't wait for what's to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment