Monday, May 16, 2011

Getting Closer and Great Friends

It has been 9 months since we made the decision to adopt Ana.  I think I can honestly say that these 9 months have been far more stressful than any of the 4 other nine month experiences.  Just like the others, I have lost sleep,  spent lots of time wondering what life will be like with our new child  and have done many things to prepare.  The difference is I had a better sense of the whole process and what to expect (ok, maybe not with Kyle) and I am pretty sure that I did not feel the stress that I have felt over the past couple of months.  However, I can't speak for Jim and the stress he felt during my pregnancies!
Today I picked up our last piece of paperwork - my medical form.  It took forever to get it all finalized (long story)  but it is finally done!  Tomorrow we take all the other papers  (14) to the notary and then send them to Harrisburg for the apostile then.... we wait.  Wait for the translations to be finished, wait for the papers to get to Ukraine - we haven't had good luck with this so far, hoping this set of paperwork gets there sooner than the last!  Wait for our SDA date.  Praying that it all comes together quickly so we can finally see Ana again! 

Tonight I sat at Mary Beth's chorus concert thinking, next year we will be watching our TWO eighth grade daughters up on stage singing!  I got teary just thinking about watching MB and her sister singing together!  We have so many memories to make as a family of 7!

I am amazed and grateful for all of the help coming from family and friends and people we barely know for our fundraiser on Sunday.  We are so blessed to live in such a caring and giving community and feel overwhelmed by the outpouring of support. I have felt so much stronger over the past week and I know that all of the prayers for our family  and the support that has been offered have given me a sense of peace.  Thank you to all of you.  Know that you are making a huge difference in a child's life and helping to give her a forever family!

3 comments:

  1. Wish we lived closer so we could come out and be at the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't that be great? Hoping to see you in July, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't make it to the dinner, but will see you soon after. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete