Monday, May 2, 2011

Still Working Hard

So, we are trying to get all of our dossier paperwork done in record time so we can travel.  There are 14 documents that all ask for something different, need notarized, need apostilled.  AHHH!!!  Plus, work stuff for both of us and the crazy end of the year schedule and spring sports! I might not sleep at all this month and just pull a couple of all nighters!  Although, I didn't even do that in college so there is no way I could pull that off now!

The part  holding us back is my mistake and has had me in tears more than once today:  I sent our Home Study to the wrong USCIS office.  I used the address that we had for the original form instead of the place where the form is now.  The person Jim talked to today set that could set us back by 75 days.  I am so mad at myself for not paying closer attention.  Jim  sent another overnight so we are praying this takes care of the problem.

We have had lots of great fundraiser ideas.  My preschool hallway (who is awesome, by the way)  thinks that a carnival is the way to go with each friend volunteering to do a booth.  I'm still feeling like this is more overall work than I can handle at the moment with everything else going on.  So, I started thinking more about a spaghetti dinner with maybe some carnival games set up in another area that people could play.  But, I still really need some family and friends to commit to  volunteering any time they have to help plan and run it.  When I look at the calendar, I think that the weekend of May 20th is the best choice and gives us a couple of weeks before we travel so we know where we stand.  But, that is not very far away! I am really not very good at asking for help but I think I need a lot of it right now! or a couple clones of myself, a money tree, and a life organizer!

I end every blog with asking for your prayers for all 7 of us but today I feel like I really need you to pray for me!  I am feeling very stressed and overwhelmed today.  One of those days where you are just really not sure which problem/issue you should tackle first:  kids schedules, school stuff, money/fundraisers, paperwork and the list goes on!  But, as I ask for your prayers I think of my friend, Lindy and her family, who are going through a very hard time in the adoption process.  They need your prayers more than I do for my hectic life!

No comments:

Post a Comment