Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Great Day!

First, I am sure you are all wondering about our SDA appt. It was quick and painless. Jim and I both felt relieved when we saw Ana's picture on the file the lady brought out. We pick up the paperwork today and travel by train to the orphanage tonight. It will be a long 16 hour ride but worth it when we get there!

We have been touring the city with our facilitator - who is wonderful! And for those who have been wondering if I am eating anything - so far the food has been great with, unfortunately, great desserts, too and a facilitator who loves dessert! So much for me thinking that Ukraine would be my magical three week dieting plan!

We have met some interesting people on this journey so far. First, the man from Germany who started a conversation with us on the bus to the airport terminal. His family attempted to adopt from Ukraine years ago. Unfortunately, it was not successful but he was very interested in our story.

The Kanas couple that we met briefly at the SDA yesterday and then saw and walked with a little bit down town last night. A very nice couple with two kids at home and adopting a teen from a hosting program. We exchanged info and blog addresses.

Our facilitator. We are so lucky to have someone helping us that is so competent in the process. It is also helpful that he speaks English very well and it there are no communication issues. I love hearing about his family (3 boys, 2 of them are almost 1 year old twins, and his wife).

The man at the playground. He heard me speaking English to the boys and started a conversation. He is from Atlanta but is living here with his wife (extremely young) and their 9 month old baby. He was very helpful in providing me some tips about some snack choices and other places to see and eat in Kiev.

I have tried to post pics twice but I am having trouble. I will not get to work on it again until we arrive in Mariupol - no connection on the train. Sorry :( I will put a few up on facebook until then!

Thanks for your prayers and support. It means so much to us to know that we have so many people at home praying and thinking about us. For has bumpy as the journey has been to get to this point, so far, the process here has been very smooth. Of course, we are just at the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment