Saturday, September 10, 2011

Finally a new post!

It has been a few days - sorry for our loyal followers :)  We have had a blah couple of days.  Just questioning how this process actually works and why we are feeling so down.  Things are better now.  There are no answers for how this works.

So, today we were supposed to meet our friends at the Center at 10 am.  I woke up, looked at my phone and realized it was 10:30 (again!)  We only have a week left to get this schedule down so I say we just stop trying!  Luckily we skyped with them and they hadn't left either!

Kyle and Kelton walked to the bakery to get some treats while the rest of us got ready.  After our visit we are heading to  our favorite taco stand and all of us plus Liliya and Michale will head to the beach.  I guess the circus will wait for tomorrow.

Keegan has not felt well the past couple of days.  We had a big talk about not touching everything in sight - the handrail, the elevator buttons, etc and using hand sanitizer.

Please pray for Michale as her court date on Friday did not go as planned.   She hopes that things get better as this next week starts. This, of course, makes us a little more nervous for our date on Monday.  Our facilitator has assured us that ours will go smoothly but we still worry.  I'm sure Ana is worried.  She was supposed to sing and dance at Evon's party yesterday after court.  I am not sure why they told the kids it wasn't going to happen on Friday but I'm sure she is wondering if she will get to have her party on Monday.

After talking with our agency director last night I think it has pretty much decided that Jim will travel to her house (about three hours away) when the kids and I leave Friday.  He will help her with the work she is doing in the orphanages there.  This will be a good break for him when we leave.  She lives in Florida but will be coming to Ukraine on Monday for a month long mission trip.  Then, he will come back, pick up Ana, finish what needs done in Kiev and come home!

a blog to look forward to in the next 24 hours - my what I am thankful for here and what I miss from home.  I have been planning this one in my head for some time now!

No comments:

Post a Comment