Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Last Day in Ukraine

Well, it's official. I picked up Anastasia Michelle Raabe's official immigrant Visa up today at the Embassy. We have plane tickets for tomorrow and we will be home. Both of us are excited. I can really say that this whole process went very smoothly. We had our concerns and our little difficulties, but overall I would not have changed anything. Unlike some others who have come before us, we have not had the problems and frustrations that some of them have had. We have listened to many of the people that have gone through this journey and learned. But mainly, we listened to what God was telling us.

I feel God lead us down paths that we would have never followed unless he was directing the way. After reading an article that my friend Ken wrote this morning, I feel God directs the way by combined rational thinking as well as that sub-conscious bump that leads to a perfect harmony. It is that gut feeling as well as thought provoking questions answered along the way that lead us down the "right path", God's path that is set for us. A perfect balance that makes ones life and the lives around them joyous and thankful for what has been achieved.

As I look back on this time, I am much more aware of what FAMILY really means, and why I value it so much. I have been blessed by a wonderful family, wonderful friends (too many to count), prayers from people from all parts of the world, and especially my God. As Ana and my family finish this short journey and travel into the new and unchartered waters of a family of 7, I pray that we can live up to our fullest potential. My prayer would be that we provide not only a loving and fulfilling life for my children, but that we can provide inspiration to our community (everyone we know) to show that God's love abides until the end!

Thanks to all for following. We could not have done it alone.

Love the Raabe's - Jim, Michelle, Kyle, Ana, Mary Beth, Keegan, and Kelton!!!

PS - See everyone in the STATES!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment